Associate, Head of China Practice Group
Email: [email protected]
Xintong (Tony) Zhang is an attorney admitted to practice in New York, New Jersey, and the People’s Republic of China with a focus on complex commercial litigation, international arbitration, and overseas judgment/award enforcement. Mr. Zhang specializes in representing companies or individuals from P.R. China in different jurisdictions. He has experience in international litigation in both U.S. courts, P.R.C courts, and well-known arbitration tribunals (e.g., AAA/ICDR and ICC) regarding investment disputes, judgment/arbitration award enforcement and defense, securities litigation, as well as other complex commercial disputes.
Mr. Zhang received his J.D. and LL.M. from St. John’s University School of Law and LL.B from Xi’an University of Science and Technology.
- Represented a group of Chinese investors who were defrauded by bad actors in an EB-5 investment fraud scheme with a major bank’s participation. Successfully settled the case with the EB-5 project managers and the bank.
- Represented a Chinese company in an international arbitration proceeding before AAA (ICDR) panel. Successfully settled the case.
- Represented a group of investors, including both Chinese and U.Z. citizens, against the bad actors for fraud (Ponzi scheme) in New York.
- Represented a group of business owners in defending a copyright infringement action in S.D.N.Y., E.D.N.Y., and District of New Jersey. The cases were settled with favorable terms for the clients.
- Represented a well-established California company against one of the largest U.S. huge funds involving alleged contractual and fiduciary breaches. The parties well settled the case.
- Represented a Chinese national in defense of recognition and enforcement of an international arbitration award issued by CIETAC pending before S.D.N.Y.
- Represented the receivership over a previous NASDAQ listed company with a complex VIE structure and operations in European Union, China, and United States in an S.D.N.Y. proceeding
- Represented clients in a special petition before the Supreme People’s Court of the People’s Republic of China and successfully overturned a series of lower courts’ decisions.
Education & Admissions
- New York State Courts, 2019
- New Jersey State Courts, 2020
- People’s Republic of China, 2013
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, 2021
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York, 2021
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey, 2021
- J.D., St. John’s University School of Law, 2018
- M.B.A., (Finance), Goldey-Beacom College, 2021
- LL.M. St. John’s University School of Law, 2016
- LL.B, Xi’an University of Science and Technology, 2011
Accolades & Recognition
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2021-2022
- Asian American Bar Association of New York, Member
- New York City Bar Association, Member
- Shaanxi Province Bar Association (PRC), Member