Phone: +1 (212) 523-0686
Email: [email protected]
- Credentials & Recognitions
- Professional & Community Interests
- Publications & Presentations
Robert Seiden is a well-respected and globally recognized attorney. He has been a practicing New York attorney for over 33 years, including 11 years as a prosecutor in Manhattan and a decade as a receiver over dozens of public companies. Mr. Seiden specializes in using relentless energy, strategic thinking, and creative use of the law to achieve his client’s objectives. Mr. Seiden has been praised over the decades for his successes in litigation, global asset recovery, judgment enforcement, investigations, and court-appointed receiverships. He has represented hundreds of clients before US and foreign courts and several federal and state agencies, including multinationals, high-profile businessmen and celebrities, whistleblowers, and sanctioned persons seeking to clear their name or company under the U.S. Treasury Office of Foreign Asset Control. Mr. Seiden has been appointed Receiver 30+ times by over 25 state, federal, and Chancery judges in the U.S. courts and the courts of Hong Kong and the British Virgin Islands.
As Managing Partner of Seiden Law Group, Mr. Seiden oversees an experienced team of professionals, including former big-law litigators, field investigators, analysts, forensic specialists, CPAs, retired FBI agents, and ex-intelligence officers. He is a member of the International Bar Association and has been an invited speaker on behalf of the US State Department, The Harvard Club, and Offshore Alert at other conferences.
- First US lawyer appointed receiver in the British Virgin Islands in a contested business dispute.
- First US lawyer appointed receiver in Hong Kong in a contested business dispute.
- Lead lawyer representing a former highly decorated foreign general in his successful removal from the US Global Magnitsky sanctions list.
- Lead lawyer successfully representing a Swiss national in the enforcement of a $300 million judgment against a royal family member.
- Lead lawyer representing a global mining company whose subsidiary was sanctioned by OFAC.
- Lead lawyer representing a foreign trustee in a US recognition proceeding against a global Ponzi scheme.
- Lead lawyer in multiple whistleblower actions with the US Justice Department and SEC.
- Lead lawyer in the US investigating a high-profile double-murder in Canada on behalf of family members of the victims.
- Receiver successfully recovered millions from US public companies based in China on behalf of aggrieved investors.
- Lead lawyer in the US representing world boxing champion in travel dispute.
- Lead lawyer in the US representing crypto billionaires in dispute with former business partners.
- Lead lawyer in the US representing former US president’s business in a commercial dispute.
- Pro bono representation of Transparency International in federal court in Manhattan.
- Lead lawyer representing a multi-national conglomerate in front of Manhattan prosecutor’s office seeking to prosecute a former employee.
Education & Admissions
- New York State Fiduciary (Court Receiver), 2015
- New York Federal Court (Southern & Eastern Districts), 1992
- New York State Courts, 1989
- J.D., Yeshiva University Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, 1988
- B.A., New York University, 1985
- Assistant District Attorney, Manhattan District Attorney’s Office
- Monitor, Freedom Tower
Accolades & Recognition
- Honored by China Beijing Equity Exchange (CBEX) for efforts in helping distressed Chinese companies in receivership to find new owners and avoid lost jobs and value
- Honored by the Arab Republic of Egypt for help in resolving a cross-border dispute involving jet refueling with Saudi Arabia and a US energy company
- Red Cross Hometown Hero Honoree for efforts with Hurricane Sandy
- Nassau County Police Department Heroism Award for help in hostage rescue crisis
- International Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- GreenMet, Chairman of the Board
- Red Cross Nassau County, Former Board Member
- Village of Flower Hill Ethics Committee, Chairman
- Port Washington School District Emergency Preparedness Committee, Chairman
- Port Washington School Board of Education, Former President
- “Commerce, Crime, and Human Rights: Investigation and Prosecution of Corporate Crime” (Amnesty International and International Corporate Accountability Roundtable Conference in New York, 2016)
- “Restructuring and Distressed Intelligence” (The Harvard Club, 2016)
- “Recovering Assets & Enforcing Judgments in China Using Offshore Means” (Miami Offshore Alert Conference, 2016)
- “Holding U.S. Gatekeepers Accountable When Investments Go Bad”, April 7, 2016
- New York City Bar Association Panel Regarding Enforcement of Judgments, January 27, 2016
- “Recovering Money for Investors in China” in New York City, August 5, 2015
- “Investment Recovery in China” (The Harvard Club in Manhattan, 2013)
- “Private Investigator: Application of the Attorney-Client Privilege” (New York Law Journal, 2006)
- “How Lawyers and Investigators Work Together Post-Enron” (New York Law Journal, 2004)